Foods to prevent acne
Fighting acne can be a constant struggle for teens and adults. But now, you can help keep your skin clean and looking great. 🙂
Zinc, vitamins C, E, and B vitamins are important for maintaining healthy skin free from acne.
You must avoid foods that are full of refined sugars and increase the amount of fiberin your daily diet from fresh vegetables and fruits.
For healthy and beautiful skin, try eating the following foods:
- nuts and leafy greens (contains vitamin E) – protects against acne carring
- melon, oranges and tomatoes (contains vitamin C) – protects against acne scarring and helps to heal damaged or irritated skin
- carrots and sweet potatoes ( contains vitamin A and beta carotene) – enhances the benefits of selenium
- spinach, green tea and berries – antioxidants ,attack free radicals known to cause skin damage
- onion, garlic and corn (contains selenium) – a powerful antioxidant which helps to reduce inflammation and preserve elasticity
- salmon and walnuts (contains omega 3 acids) – helps reduce inflammation and fights against blemishes
- figs, brown rice and artichokes (contains magnesium) – balances out the acne – inducing hormones
- and of course water – cleans the skin. Water keeps your body and skin hydrated.
Also you may wanna know that:
- coconut water is extremely hydrating , not only for the body but for the skin too. Drinking coconut water hydrates and plumps up your skin;
- chocolate in it’s purest form, cocoa is full of antioxidants known as flavonoids fight the aging of skin;
- raspberries help repair and refresh damaged skin cells;
- papaya has tons of antioxidants which will prevent your skin from pesky wrinkles